align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › Setlist Requests for 4/29 Meetup

Setlist Requests for 4/29 Meetup

FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 25
Hey all,

The old thread was getting a little long, so I though it would be good to create a new thread for each meeting. If you have a song you want to play at the 4/29 meetup, request it here and we'll get it onto the official setlist.

If there isn't already a PDF of the song posted in our "Files" section (look under the "More" tab at the top of the page), please post it. If you are unable to , or unsure of how to, contact either myself or Alan for assistance.

- FiL
Joe H.
user 10401699
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 10
Good idea Fil! I'd been thinking of suggesting a separate thread for each new setlist. That'll make it easier to read the new suggestions without wading through the old ones.
FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 27
Ah well. You can lead a horse to water and all that jazz.

My requests are: "Whiskey in the Jar", "Brown Eyed Girl", and "All Along the Watchtower"

- FiL
Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 53
FiL, Are you suggesting All That Jazz?
FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 28
Haha! That would be a real left turn for the group!
Beth B.
Bahiabeth
Manville, NJ
Post #: 2
Hey,

I'm requesting help with posting a song. Mrs. Robinson, to be specific. Where is the best place to find "true" chord progressions & easiest files to transfer to proper format?

Beth
Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 54
I have just posted Mrs. Robinson.

The best site is probably chordie.com. That is not to say it's good. I almost always have to make changes and corrections. Many songs out there on the web are just wrong.

For formatting I used a program called Songsheet Generator. For saving as a .pdf (on a windows machine) I use PDF Creator.

Phil creates even nicer looking songsheets than I do, using MS Word and a template, but that too much work for me.

Maybe one day we should have a meeting for those who want to learn how to create songsheets.
bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 23
Hi Fil! I think I keep trying to add stuff to the setlist on the main message board, so maybe that don't work so well? Could I add "Turn the Page", "Sunny Afternoon", and "Take it to the Limit" for Saturday? Also I'm trying to find Forever Summer on Groove Shark and not finding it...I'd really like to learn it...TNX
Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 62
Bob, here is the link to listen to Forever Summer
FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 32
Bob, I think Alan was waiting for you to RSVP for the meetup before adding your song requests to the setlist.