This is a beautiful nature hike with overlooks and a lake etc. Also good for beginners or anyone else that wants to join!
We'll start at the lower lot. Then, hike up a gradual hill for about 15min. to the lake. From there, we'll walk around the lake and perhaps take an off trail or two, depending on how everyone is doing. We'll be going at a leisure pace with a few stops along the way for water, snacks and to take in nature. There are a lot of things to see....
Estimated Time: 2 &1/2 - 3hrs.
Estimated Miles: 4
Fee: $2.00/person (Cash Only)
Be Prepared with:
- Hiking boots or sneakers. Regular sneakers are ok as long as they are sturdy & protect your feet.
- WATER!! bring at least 2 bottles.
- Sun block, sun glasses, hat & bug spray (Good to get one that repels Ticks!)
- Snacks for energy: Trail Mix, energy bar, or fruit etc.
- light weight pants or shorts (it's too hot for jeans & they'll weigh you down)
- plastic bag for trash. Carry in, carry out policy. There are No Trash cans.
- toilet paper (just in-case)
- Don't forget your camera!
(best to carry everything in a small day/back pack if you have one)
There's a port-a-potty in the lower lot but not anywhere else.
- Dogs on leash are Welcome. Please put in your reply if your bringing your dog so that people with allergies or others that are bringing their dogs will know. Thank you!
*Hike will be canceled in the event of thunder & lightening or heavy rain
Coming from the South: Take 287 North to exit 57 (Skyline Dr./ Ringwood). Make a Left at the end of the ramp at the traffic light. This will put you on Skyline Dr. (you'll see the sign for Ringwood Park) Go approx. 0.5 mi. The parking lot will be on your left. Go slow when you start going up the hill, you can easily miss it. It is a Rocky dirt lot.
Coming from the North
Take 287 South to exit 57 (Skyline Dr./ Ringwood). Stay Right onto Skyline Dr. Parking lot is exactly 0.1 mi. on your Left.
*PARKING: Parking will be tight so I encourage car pooling for those that are comfortable doing so.* Please Park close together to leave as much room as possible.
We'll meet in the lower parking lot by the Trail entrance. I'll be wearing a green cap.
DISCLAIMER: Your attendance on a hike is strictly voluntary and you assume full responsibility of your own safety and bringing appropriate gear. I am not a professional guide and I don’t have wilderness medical training. By rsvping “Yes” and attending the hike you agree not to hold me or any other member of this group liable for any accidents or injuries .
For more information about this Park & Directions: http://www.state.nj.u....
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you & looking forward to seeing you!