Let's take a hike up to High Point Momument. It is located in Sussex County and marks the highest elevation in the state of NJ, at 1803’.
Estimated Time: About 4 Hours
Estimated Miles: 7
Fee: $2.00/person (Cash Only)
Be Prepared with:
- Hiking boots or sneakers. Regular sneakers are ok as long as they are sturdy & protect your feet.
- WATER!! bring at least 2 bottles.
- Sun block, sun glasses, hat & bug spray (Good to get one that repels Ticks!)
- Snacks for energy: Trail Mix, energy bar, or fruit etc.
- light weight pants or shorts (it's too hot for jeans & they'll weigh you down)
- plastic bag for trash. Carry in, carry out policy. There are No Trash cans.
- toilet paper (just in-case)
- Don't forget your camera!
(best to carry everything in a small day/back pack if you have one)
*Hike will be canceled in the event of thunder & lightening or heavy rain
Proceed north on Route 23 for about 35 miles to High Point State Park. Continue for 1.4 miles beyond the main park entrance, turn right at the Steeny Kill Boat Launch, and proceed for 0.1 mile to a small parking area on the left.
GPS coordinates: N[masked]' W[masked]'.
Look forward to seeing you there!
DISCLAIMER: Your attendance on a hike is strictly voluntary and you assume full responsibility of your own safety and bringing appropriate gear. I am not a professional guide and I don’t have wilderness medical training. By rsvping “Yes” and attending the hike you agree not to hold me or any other member of this group liable for any accidents or injuries .