NJ/PA/NY 20-30's OUT & ABOUT Message Board › FYI, OBSERVATORY IS OPEN TONIGHT (Sat. 6/22 @8:30pm) TO THE PUBLIC - FULL SU

FYI, OBSERVATORY IS OPEN TONIGHT (Sat. 6/22 @8:30pm) TO THE PUBLIC - FULL SUPER MOON!

Melanie
user 11360465
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Hello Everyone,
I realize this is very short notice but just wanted to let you know that the Sheep Hill Observatory in Boonton NJ will be open to the public tonight at 8:30pm to view Saturn, double stars, a planetary nebula & star clusters. Then, around 9-9:30pm we'll be viewing the Full Super Moon!
Faith and myself will be there tonight along with some other members.
Since this is very short notice, I'm not posting this as an official event but just a FYI.
Hope to see some of you there :-)
Info. & Directions:
*This event will be "Outdoors" the temperature is always cooler on top of the hill. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
*Keep in mind, there are NO RESTROOM facilities on the premises.
Sheep Hill Astronomical Association (SHAA) is a non-profit Association. There is no fee for this event however, your support for any donation (whatever you feel comfortable giving) is appreciated.
Please don't forget to sign their visitors book...Thank you :-)
For more info go to: http://sheephillastro...­
Directions:
Latitude 40.92° North
Longitude 74.41° West
For Directions and more info. please visit their web-site: http://sheephillastro...
**Note:** Once you reach the end of Ross Dr., you will hit an empty dirt parking lot. Continue straight & follow to the right up a small hill until you're in the second lot. (Please go slow). The dome will be on your left. If the lot is full, you can park in the first lot. Please keep the spaces tight to leave room for others. It's very dark up there and aren't any lights. You may need a flashlight to help you see up to the telescopes but Please, DO NOT point them up or in the direction of the telescopes or toward the dome...Thank you!
Melanie & Faith :-)