NJ/PA/NY 20-30's OUT & ABOUT Message Board › Important Announcement about Sat. Kayaking Event - WEATHER!!
I've been tracking the weather in the area where we'll be kayaking Sat. & so far, they're predicting a 51% chance of a strong afternoon thunderstorm around 2-3pm. It's supposed to be a quick one and we'll be safe as long as we get off the water and wait it out but, as we're getting closer to Sat. the prediction seems to look a little worse in the sense that if it does hit, it's predicting strong winds and hail!
I certainly don't want to put anyone's life in danger. I called the rental place today & they advised that they do not close for thunderstorms unless it's so bad that the state declares a state of emergency, which may not happen and if it does, it will be too late for us since we'll already be on the water.
As of now, I'm not feeling safe about continuing this event for this Sat., not because they're predicting a thunderstorm but because of the prediction of the severity of it.
I'm bummed :-( but they say things happen for a reason right? Not to worry, I have a future date in mind.
I'll check the forecast again Fri. afternoon and if the prediction doesn't get better, I'll be officially cancelling this event for Sat. Please!...check this event &/or e-mail for updates tomorrow (Fri.) eve.
Please let me know if you'll be able to make Next Sun. July 28th. as the new date? So far, the weather is supposed to be perfect!