NJ Homeschool Hangout
**WARNING: This group may increase your socialization to dangerous levels. Getting any schoolwork done at home may become difficult. Please plan carefully!
NJ Homeschool Hangout
This group is open to all Homeschoolers and those who are considering doing so in the future. . We are an eclectic group who embrace diversity! All people, regardless of religion, race, or beliefs are welcome to join. We are an all inclusive group and enjoy the diversity of ideas, events, and experiences for our children.
We are committed to providing FUN, interesting, social, and informational opportunities for all home-schooling parents and their children in and around Northern New Jersey. Most of our events are in Morris, Passaic, and Bergen Counties although we do sometimes have events throughout NJ, NY, PA, and CT.
Through our numerous events and activities, home-schooling parents are given the opportunities to share news, information, and resources available to families here in our area.
As a group we create opportunities for projects, field trips, community service, park days, family gatherings, discussion groups and sharing of resources. Everyone is welcome to join in any or all of the activities.
We have many wonderful families aboard who offer encouragement and support, along with fun and educational activities.
Our families are made up of all different types of homeschoolers from unschoolers to school at home. It's a great group of respectful families with a lot to share!
We have come together in the spirit of raising our children in a caring, respectful environment.
We are committed to be a source of support, provide homeschooling information, socialization, and educational opportunities in a non-judgmental environment.
Our goal is to be a positive and respectful place. Those who are negative, disrespectful, or try to tear down other's homeschooling efforts will be removed from the list in order to maintain our supportive and positive atmosphere.
• Invitations to our many social meetups and automatic notification of events
• Friendships for both parents and children
• Moms Nights Out and New Member Meet and Greets
• Full access to the online calendar which is packed with things to do (includes Homeschool Events and FYI Family Events)
• Member-only discounts & coupons to local attractions and businesses
• Member-only business section which allows members to post and advertise their home business
• Surprise raffles of items generously donated by our Sponsors
• Group is private so peace of mind that any events, pictures, personal information posted will be kept private. Organizers do their best to ensure the privacy and safety of this group.
•DUES: Dues are $52.00/year ($1.00 a week payable in advance) Dues must be paid thru paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org and sent as a friend/family payment.
Dues cover website fees and other various fees. Dues are fully refundable within 30 days of paying if you feel this group isn't the right fit for your family. No refunds after 30 days.
•Members and their children must be respectful of others at all events.
•We would love to see members host at least one meetup a year although this isn't a requirement
•Members need to RSVP to all events they are attending and update all RSVP's if plans change.
•Members are encouraged to post events to the calendar.
•If any problems/questions occur, please contact any one of the organizers. Keep in mind we can't fix a problem if we aren't aware of it.
• Honor your RSVPs and be courteous to update them if plans change.
• Rest up at home if you or your child are ill to prevent spread of illness to other attendees of a meetup
• Post any home business in the Business section only.
• Fully complete and update online profile page and post a picture of you or your children so it makes it easier for other members to locate you at events. If you are uncomfortable posting family pictures, please post another picture....family pet, landscape, etc.
By becoming a member of this group, you:
• agree that the NJHSHO and its organizers are not liable for anything that may happen while attending one of the events
• affirm that it is the responsibility of the parent to watch his/her child at all times and ensure their safety
• promise to be mindful of your children to ensure they are not causing harm to others or property, and acknowledge that failure to do so will result in removal from the group.