A former member
Post #: 34
Okay as we were dancing the night away at The Cabin last night Loretta suggested that the group have a theme song and we can put it to a vote at our next meeting - IT'S MY LIFE by Bon Jovi and DON"T STOP BELIEVIN by Journey were two we thought of - Please feel free to suggest any songs you think we should add to the poll and we will see what song wins - Thanks Coach Joe
A former member
Post #: 7
How about "I will survive!" or "Don't worry be happy!"
A former member
Post #: 2
A little Stronger..Sara Evans
Mona S
user 14114639
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 1
Fly by Night - Rush is already my theme song :), where two excerpts are "No fright or hindsight, leaving behind that empty feeling inside" and "playing a lone hand, my life begins today"
Joanne D.
jodonahue
Spotswood, NJ
Post #: 3
I think "A Little Stronger" by Sara Evans is a GREAT theme song!
Jeannette
user 10605181
Fords, NJ
I like upbeat songs during the difficult times such as "So What" by Pink or "It's Not Right but It's OK" by Whitney Houston and even Don't Stop Believin; however those are more individual songs to a situation. After I heard "A Little Stronger" I thought it was a great group song because no matter what stage of divorce someone is in, it just reminds you that you will get stronger as time goes by. That's important for the group to remember.
Melissa C
user 14862991
Hazlet, NJ
My vote is for Sara Evans "Stronger"...not only am I a very big country fan, but this song came out right around the same time as my separation. This song reminds me of what I need to do and that things will get better. I still have a long way to go but this song helps me through the tough times.
Lisa H
user 14569044
Toms River, NJ
Post #: 4
i vote for "goin through hell" by well, i can't remember it's a country singer. I really love this song it inspires me when the world gets me down and reminds me that no matter what there are angels are out there always ready to lift me up when im on my knees and that when im having a hard time to just keep my head up and walk through it, it will get better. OK complete run on sentence.... hehe
Lawrence H. Bloom,...
bloom4law
New York, NY
Post #: 28
My ex would suggest AC/DC Highway to Hell.
But perhaps, he said tongue in cheek, Harry Belafonte's Get An Ugly Girl To Marry You
A former member
Post #: 5
Wow, there are so many songs here to choose from, and I am familiar with just a few of them. I don't know Counrty music too well, but I am curious to hear "Stronger" by Sara Evans. My song when I threw him out was 'Irreplaceable" by Beyonce' - really says it all!!