The New Jersey Successful Divorce Support Group Message Board › Residential Support and Opportunities – Discuss and Post

Residential Support and Opportunities – Discuss and Post

A former member
Post #: 3
Residential Support and Opportunities – Discuss and Post

Due to down-sizing or moving of residence, you may need a new place to live, need new living arrangements or looking for help to get settled. This discussion board is established to discuss and post;

a. Offers of available Apartments/Shares/Rooms/Homes.
b. Looking for residence to move “out of” or “into”.
c. Looking for roommates.
d. Looking for help in moving, painting or repair
Christina
user 13219765
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Post #: 2
I am posting this for my Aunt.
She is looking for a room mate male/female to share expenses in
a desirable Holmdel condo.
Rent $850-$875

Please contact Betty at 732-670-5139 if interested
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi,

Roberta asked me to post this as she is not set up for internet service yet at her new apartment. She is in desperate need for a little help. She has moved form a 2 bedroom apartment to a smaller 1 bedroom and has some larger pieces that she needs help moving to her new place or to the garbage bins. (literally in the same complex, dolly provided). All she needs are a couple of people to help for less than an hour of your time. She lives in Matawan and her number is 732-241-5756. She can reimbuse your with pizza and beverages. If you can help out Wed. it would be great. Thank you in advance!

Stephen
A former member
Post #: 91
Although Stephen posted this in the Discussions Section, I figured I would post here too. I'm in the process of moving within my own apartment complex and have just a couple of pieces of furniture that I need help disposing of. I do have a hand-truck, so it would be a matter of moving the pieces down the stairs and across the parking lot to the dumpster. Actually, if anyone can use the pieces of furniture, you're welcome to them. One is a metal 'teacher' desk and I also have a couple of book cases to give away. The book cases are not that heavy and very easy to manage. Please call my cell 732 241-5756 if you're able to help ANYTIME on Tuesday November 22nd. I live in Long Brook apartments in Matawan.
Roberta
user 9380313
Matawan, NJ
Post #: 4
An update on my continued move - in addition to the metal desk, I also have a medium sized microwave to give away. One person is taking a bookcase and I actually think I found room in the new apartment for the others. After the holiday weekend, if I have anything else to give away, I'll post it here.
A former member
Townhouse to Share – Sayreville - $800 month – Male or Female.

Furnished bedroom with private bathroom in 3 bedroom 2 ½ bathroom townhouse. Includes
washer/dryer, dishwasher, WiFi and all utilities.

Share living room, kitchen and ½ bath. Amenities include off-street parking, pool and tennis courts.

Wall Street and midtown bus with walking distance.

1st and last month rent due upon move-in.

No pets, smokers, drugs, parties or sleepovers.

References, credit/employment verification required.

If interested, call Rob at 908-217-5583
bettse
user 8729474
Monroe Township, NJ
Post #: 8
Hi Everyone,

I am in a transition mode right now so I thought I would reach out to see if anyone knew of a townhouse/condo for rent. I would even open to sharing if the space was large enough. Pleae contact me directly for particulars if you can help.

Bettse
Doug
user 36486612
Trenton, NJ
Post #: 1
Hi everyone:

My divorce looks like it will be final in a couple of weeks. I need to move out of my house (been living with my wife and kids during the entire divorce process). I live in South Brunswick and I’m not ready to buy anything yet. I’m also currently unemployed so living close to work is unclear.

Does anyone have any insights/experience into the whole renting process? Should I find a local realtor and let him/her do all the work? Does anyone have any other tricks up their sleeves or suggestions?
What has worked for you?

Doug
A former member
Post #: 19
This Message goes out to all Members of the Group and You SCOT: 9/25/2012

Just saw this post and your story is a LIE! I did not ask you to "reinspect my home!" I had a qualified home inspector give me a list of things that needed "addressing." I asked you for an "estimate" for the the porch, the bathroom and the window. I asked you to go look at what the inspector advised needed repair and you gave me an "estimate" to repair the things the home inspector recommended repairing. The home owner took care of the issues at his expense so I never I had to use your services.

I have the estimate in hand and it was for the items listed and NO WHERE ON YOUR ESTIMATE did it say for a "home inspection" because you and I both know that is not what I listed your services for.

I am an honest person, and I posted your $350.00 charge because I felt it is important for all the members of this group to know how this was handled.

After I questioned your charge for the "estimate" you told me you would take "$200.00 off the job if given the job."

You are correct in stating that the realtor was impressed with your knowledge of how to repair the items listed and told me she would be happy to recommend you for her other clients, but then refuted when she learned you charged me $350.00 for the estimate.

Scot, honesty is always the best policy. I have much respect and I am very protective of the people in this group. I felt everyone had a right to know how you handled this situation!

If this was a "through home inspection" my estimate would have stated that! This the REAL story!

DEBRA
A former member
wow!