The New Jersey Successful Divorce Support Group Message Board › If you give up on love, you give up on yourself.

If you give up on love, you give up on yourself. The pen is in your hand and the rest is still UNWRITTEN

A former member
I got this article from The website BAGGAGE RECLAIM - go read the whole article for a look at love in the 20's 30's 40's 50's and 60's and give yourself some HOPE and BELIEF

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/more-on-the-bs-diet-why-its-time-to-stop-telling-yourself-that-the-last-chance-saloon-has-gone/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BaggageReclaim-TheGuideToSingleLivingDatingRelationshipsAndOfCourseManTaming+%28Baggage+Reclaim+Relationship+Blog%29­

Nobody who genuinely cares about and loves themselves dedicates their time and energy to forcasting a life without opportunities.

It is natural to be hurt. It's natural to even feel a bit jaded, especially if you've done your fair share of shady relationships, but instead of declaring yourself bankrupt and seeing the world through a distorted lens, invest time and energy on being 100% positively focused on you and addressing your beliefs and relationship habits.

It ain't over till it's over. How can you say you'll never love again or that you've experienced everything, or that there's no decent people left to date? You haven't finished living yet! If you have so much of a crystal ball into your future, it's a shame you couldn't have seen your way to seeing yourself out of trouble previously!

The last chance saloon hasn't gone and people in every age group find love, just like people in every age group find trouble. What I do know is that the story you're writing, doesn't have to end the way you've written it. Write it differently, see it differently, talk it differently.
Michael
user 29244112
Somerville, NJ
Post #: 1
Joe,

Thanks so much for this site. My first girlfriend after my divorce and I broke up about 8 weeks ago, and I am trying to figure out what a "normal" healing process after ending a relationship looks like. I started dating much too soon after my divorce and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. This site is specific and very helpful. There's even a very good discussion on "Are you Ready to Date Again".

Michael
A former member
Post #: 110
You are welcome Michael