align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
A former member
I wear a bracelet on my left wrist that says MAKE IT HAPPEN because I truly believe that most people in this world watch things happen, a small percentage have no clue what happens and then you have the ones who MAKE THINGS HAPPEN who lead by example and get things done

Ever since my DAD first took me to a Yankee game in 1973 I have been a lifelong fan and so are my kids and one of the most recent memories the three of us shared at Yankee Stadium was a night this past September when Jorge Posada got a pinch hit to help the Yankees win the AL East division championship. To hear the crowd go HIP HIP JORGE was memorable and that is why it is a sad day that after 17 years in a Yankee uniform he officially announced his retirement http://newyork.yankee...­[/url]

For those of you who are not baseball fans you will learn that he and his wife created a foundation for research of brain surgery as their young son had many surgeries and it is called MAKE IT HAPPEN. I do believe we all need to learn how to turn a negative into a positive when your fairytale ends.

I was at a training class tonight and they said that life comes down to three C's :

You must make the CHOICE to take the CHANCE if you want anything to CHANGE!

Go after your goals and dreams and MAKE IT HAPPEN for you and your family and your future

A former member
Post #: 9
I have never written on this discussion board. Just wanted to share a few insights. I have been happily divorced 14 years and have a seventeen year old son. There have been many ebbs and flows in this process and it is an individual process....but it really does get better and it is always a choice to be happy.You really have to go though the fire to come out a whole person. When a marriage falls apart it is never just one person. I took the time to do the long hard work on myself(support groups and counseling) to be a better person and my priority was always about my son. It takes two people to recognize and articulate how a marriage failed. My exhusband is remarried and we are all friends and it is still all about our son's happiness and wellbeing.He is welladjusted and a joy in our lives. My parents divorced many years ago and didn't talk for 20 years after they divorced. The last 5 years of their lives thye finally made peace and died 3 weeks apart. Seems like a lot of wasted time for children and granchildren, due to egos, anger and unforgiveness. . Make a choice every day to be happy, to be surrounded by loving people, be a passionate and loving person, and will find you once again. Life is short. Treasure your children and those you love.Be passionate about your life and a full and productive person in your own right. Wonderful comments of you all. Thank you Joe and all of for your inspiring comments.We all strive for love and connection. I wish you all peace in your journey. Just look to the future and present to so many wonderful opportunites for growth and transformation. Sue
Martha
user 17138381
Woodbridge, NJ
Post #: 82
I am with you all the way Joe "Make It Happen" I can't tell you in all the way these words have just like smaked me in the head and said "Make It Happen", from getting a job to dealing with a 21 year old who is giving me a hard time and he needs to "Make It Happen" I am going to show him your post, I wish we had a divorce group for the Kids and Parents of divorced and seperated family's. I am not sure how you go about starting a group like I just mentioned, but I see such a different person in my son from the 15 year old boy that he was. He was so loving to me and now I almost feel his bitterness as to how are lives are now. I love him so much and it hurts to see that our relationship has become so distant from what it was. Just a thought in my head from your words "Make It Happen".