What: Organized Bicycling event, around the West-Frisian encircling dike
Distances: 130KM (full dike), 60Km or 30KM (parts of the dike)
Start & Finish:
Restaurant De Alkmaarse Poort,
1812 NB Alkmaar
130km 8.00 – 9.00
60km 9.00 – 11.00
30km 10.00 – 12.00
Finish Time: before 17.00
Official site: http://www.rondevandewestfrieseomringdijk.nl/
Short history of the dike:
Being more than 800 years old, the Westfriese Omringdijk is one of the oldest dikes of Netherlands and the only dike to be named as World Monument.
Cost: EUR 10 or 8 or 5, depending on the distance
On the spot registration on the day of the event costs EUR 1 extra.
* Registration: I think we are all planning to register on the spot? Take cash with you; I don't think they'll accept cards.
* Train: For those who are doing 130KM, it is better to sart early so that we have enough time to finish (latest byt 17:00).
There's a train leaving from Amsterdam Centraal at 07:00 from platform 8a, reaching Alkmaar at 07:48. From Alkmaar station, the start is 3.5KM
* The first part of the 60KM route is also along the 130KM. Would be great if both the groups can start together.
* Don't forget sandwiches, energy-boosters, helmet, sun glasses... :)
* You can reach me on this nr: [masked]
* BTW, if you can't make it any more, please update your RSVP.
See you all on Sun :)