Probably most of you might have heard about the world-famous Dam to Dam marathon. It's lesser known cousins are Dam tot Dam Wandeltocht and Dam tot Dam FietsClassic (biking). All the three events are hosted by the same organization, in the same weekend. Check out the following link for walkathon:
http://damtotdamwandeltocht.nl/ (18, 26, 40KM)
Last year event: http://www.meetup.com/NL-Adventurers/photos/10847842/
Please register online: https://www.inschrijven.nl/idealformulier?id=2013092103901&ag=j&tl=nl
Last date for registration: 01-Sep. Note that you CANNOT register on the spot, on the day of the event!
Don't forget to mention the distance when you RSVP - easy to form sub-groups!
For those who are doing the (18, 26KM) Walkathon:
* Meeting time: 09:00. Start walking by 09:15 at the latest.
* I recommend both groups to start at the same time. They follow different routes initially and merge somewhere on the way.
* Meeting location: the big START banner (in front of the Royal palace in Dam Square)
* Note that if you are bringing your car, the FINISH is in Zaandam and you'll have to come back to your car by bus (or arrange for someone to pick you up at Zaandam :)
* PLEASE note my contact nr: [masked]
* DO NOT forget your registration card.
See you all on Sat.