Every spring, Red Cross organizes a hike in Geldermalsen near Utrecht. Our group has been participating every year from 2009. This will be our 6th time in a row :) Check out our last year's event: http://www.meetup.com/NL-Adventurers/events/104420142/
You can choose one of the tracks: 8, 15, 25 or 40KM. Most of us do the 25KM track. It takes about 6 hours. It is an excellent track with great arrangements on the way! You can find more details about the hike in the links below. Please register online (EN version available). Cost € 6.50.
* After registering online, you'll get the registration receipt by email. Do not forget to get a printout of the registration receipt.
* If you are going by train from Amsterdam Centraal, you'll have to change at Utrecht. Special additional services will be added from Utrecht to Geldermalsen. For more travel details, see: http://www.rodekruisbloesemtocht.nl/menu+left/Bereikbaarheid/
* From the Geldermalsen station to the starting point, it's a 5 min walk. There will be lot of signs and tons of people going towards that location; so you just can't miss it!
* Note that there'll be a huge crowd on that day. PLEASE note my number: 0[masked]. Without the contact number, it'll be practically impossible to coordinate/locate each other!
* Meeting point: the big shoe near the entrance at 09:15 - http://www.meetup.com/NL-Adventurers/photos/14403482/228006022/ This shoe is on the way from the train station (or parking place) to the START tent. It's so big that you cannot miss it :)
* Don't forget the usual stuff: camera, sandwich, drinks, sun glasses etc
* With such a big group, it is practically impossible to keep the whole group together or guide you all along the entire route. So take care that you are together with at least some of our members (Brabant or Netherland group MIX) you will find out very soon who has more or less the same tempo as you ;)
And Each route will be well marked with separate colours like this: http://www.meetup.com/NL-Adventurers/photos/889280/14424943/#[masked] Normally you should not have any problem in following them of your own. In some cases, you might see arrows pointing at two different directions for the SAME route. That is because you'll be crossing that junction twice. Look out for the signs "1e doorkomst" & "2e doorkomst". They indicate which direction to follow the first time & the second time. Again, if you are confused, ask somebody. They'll be more than happy to guide you :) In the past, there have been instances where people didn't pay attention to this sign and just walking around in a loop :)
* Do not forget to buy the ticket online and get a print out. There'll be a big queue if you are trying to buy on the spot and we cannot wait for you.