Amstel Gold Race takes place every April in Valkenburg (near Maastricht). Challenging track because of the mountainous terrain. There are 2 versions: the race and the casual biking. Both are already sold out for 2014. So we'll go biking of our own on a different date. There are tracks ranging from 65KM to 250KM. We can either do 100KM or the 125KM. Check out all the details:
Main site: http://www.amstel.nl/evenementen/amstelgoldrace
(You'll be asked to enter your date of birth on your first visit to "check" if you are 18, because the main sponsor is Amstel beer :)
Valkenburg is easily accessible both by train and car. Needless to say, you need a good racing bike for these tracks.
Update (22 May 2014):
* Travelling from train from Amsterdam:
08:37 from Amsterdam Centraal, reaching Valkenburg at 11:24 Check ns.nl for more info
* I am planning to drive down there and I'll meet you guys outside Valkenburg station. My nr: [masked]
* GPS track: http://files.meetup.com/1065208/Amstel%20Gold%20Race%20100KM.gpx
* Please bring enough water and food to eat on the way. Not sure if we'll find restaurants when we need them
* If you have a bike repair kit, please bring it along.
* Weather is not so great, but it's just 2mm of rain. I don't think that should discourage us :)