What: Organized Bicycling event, around the West-Frisian encircling dike
Distances: 130KM (full dike), 60Km or 30KM (parts of the dike)
Start & Finish: Restaurant De Alkmaarse Poort, Omval 72, 1812 NB Alkmaar
130km 8.00 – 9.00
60km 9.00 – 11.00
30km 10.00 – 12.00
Finish Time: before 17.00
Official site: http://www.rondevandewestfrieseomringdijk.nl/
Short history of the dike:
Being more than 800 years old, the Westfriese Omringdijk is one of the oldest dikes of Netherlands and the only dike to be named as a World Monument.
Cost: EUR 10 or 8 or 6, depending on the distance
Open till: 24 June.
On the spot registration on the day of the event costs EUR 1 extra.
Plan for 08-Jul:
* I am planning to do 130KM; so I've to start biking before 09:00. Going by train from Amsterdam:
07:44 from Amsterdam Centraal, platform 13a, reaching Alkmaar at 08:18
The START is about 4KM from Alkmaar station.
* If you've not yet registered, you can still register on the spot, before starting.
* If you've registered already, do not forget to bring your registration card (you would have got it via post by now)
* For those who've not yet decided whether to do 60 or 130KM: "Yes, we can!!" 130KM :) Good company guaranteed ;)
* Here's my nr: http://files.meetup.com/1065208/Nr.png
See you all on Sunday!