addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Netherlands Adventurers Meetup Message Board › Kinderdijk by Bike

Kinderdijk by Bike

Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 7
Hi!

I am planning a biking tour to Kinderdijk. It can be from Den Haag (cycling through The Dunes)
or taking the train to somewhere and starting pedaling from there. In any case it will be around
60 Km max of cycling, do you have any ideas?

In principle I was thinking to do this the first weekend of July.

Cheers
Adriana.
A former member
Post #: 1
Sounds good! I'm up for it :)
Venkat
svenkat
Group Organizer
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 28
great :) Put it up as an event!!
A former member
Post #: 2
I just looked at the map...I was thinking that perhaps it would be nicer to start at rotterdam (a bit closer than from the hague)? We can meet at rotterdam and then bike to kinderdijk then go back to rotterdam and bike a bit around there then eat dinner or drinks?
Venkat
svenkat
Group Organizer
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 29
I told you: far from Den Haag :)
Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 8

Venkat: are you kidding me? Den Haag is tooooooooooo far;)
I can not do the 100 K I used to do, this is going to be 40 K max!
Somewhere definitively closer, even closer than Rotterdam, I am thinking about Zwijndrecht or Papendrecht (do not know if there is a train station here)...
James
user 14336090
Den Haag, NL
I would be interested to join in as well..

Sounds like a good plan to start from Zwijndrecht train station.

I checked out the distance from http://www.fietsersbo...­, it comes around 12km from the station to Kinderdijk.
Venkat
svenkat
Group Organizer
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 30

Venkat: are you kidding me? Den Haag is tooooooooooo far;)
I can not do the 100 K I used to do, this is going to be 40 K max!
Somewhere definitively closer, even closer than Rotterdam, I am thinking about Zwijndrecht or Papendrecht (do not know if there is a train station here)...

@Adriana: that was for Vanessa :) On our bike trip to Muiden, we were talking about Kinderdijk and Vanessa said she'd be interested in organizing the bike trip to Kinderdijk. And she was wondering whether to start from DH!
Mark
user 17672361
Gouda, NL
Little advice from a local. Go to Rotterdam train station, cycle to the river and take the fast-ferry to either Dordrecht (lovely old city) or Ridderkerk. From there plan your route to Kinderdijk.

Enjoy!

Will be watching this and perhaps join in as well.
Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 9
Little advice from a local. Go to Rotterdam train station, cycle to the river and take the fast-ferry to either Dordrecht (lovely old city) or Ridderkerk. From there plan your route to Kinderdijk.

Enjoy!

Will be watching this and perhaps join in as well.

Very good idea indeed! I like it but from where can we take this fast ferry?