addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Netherlands Adventurers Meetup Message Board › Climbing Partner?

Climbing Partner?

A former member
Post #: 2

I've been in Amsterdam a couple of weeks now; move here from Portland OR and am missing climbing big time!

I'm new to the European rating system, but would call myself a begginer/novice; I weight 72kg. Any one looking for a climbing partner?

A former member
Post #: 95
Hi Marc
I'm organizing a climber's introduction and social
Until then, perhaps you can meet more climbers on this network, great place to meet buddies.
Good luck
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Marc,

I am Dutch and living in Amsterdam.
I used to climb indoors and outdoors and haven't been climbing in two years.
I am up for climbing again and I've got my own equipment.

Let's meet up.

Cheers Yb
A former member
Dear Baida,

I am new here. Have you already organized some nivce climbing/ hiking activities? And if so when and where?

A former member

I am also new here but I really like climbing and hiking so if you are orgianizing I would like to join you.

Erin K.
user 10837145
Delft, NL
Hey! I'm also very new here, but live down in Delft. I was thinking of going to a climbing gym right next to the Den Haag HS station. Maybe one of these weeknights around 7? I'm sure there's plenty of gyms in Amsterdam, but if anyone wants to head down this way, let me know! I hear there is an indoor ice wall too...a little tempting :) I used to be at a 5.9 level (US rating) but its been about 6 months since I've climbed. Can't wait to get back into it though!

Marc, I see you're from Portland...that's an awesome city! I'm actually from Seattle. Missing the mountains yet? :)

A former member
hi! also looking for climbing buddies! i've done some climbing before (top roping, not comfortable leading but would eventually like to get into that as well) and would love to find a partner to continue to do so in amsterdam. i'm about 55 kilos. i have time to go during the week if anyone is interested?
Kaz H.
user 11180174
Haarlem, NL
Post #: 9
Hi, does anybody want a climbing and belay partner on Saturday evenings at the Slotermeer climbing gym? It is cheap night (6. 85 Euro ) and I can get my husband to look after the kids, so I am FREE!!! I am experienced, although far from hard core ( and climbing more like a beginner since I have had kids ) , but I just like having fun on the wall. Let me know if you are keen.

(It would be great to get a whole bunch of gals together to go climbing. There is nothing like a whole bunch of ladies together to push us to our limits. )
A former member
Post #: 128
Hi Kaz
Let me know when you plan to go and I'll make you a host if you wish. There are all levels in this group and probably compatable weights.

Also, check http://amsterdamclimb...­
What we have done in the past is try to schedule our meetups during theirs so there will be more buddy up possibilities

E-mail me for more info

Amsterdam, NL
Hi, I'm also new to Amsterdam and would be interested in a climbing meetup. I've done quite a bit of top roping (last time was about a year ago) and a bit of leading many years ago...would be great to find out what climbing gyms are around and meet some fellow climbers :-)