addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Netherlands Adventurers Meetup Message Board › Discovering Amsterdam's Waterland by Bike - Details

Discovering Amsterdam's Waterland by Bike - Details

Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Dear all,
Update (06-Jul):

* Meeting point: VVV opposite to side entrance of Amsterdam Central Station.
* Meeting time: 12 AM. Please be on time. We'll be away at 12:01 :)
* For those who come from Den Haag Central station, you need to buy a separate ticket (EUR 6 per day) for carrying bikes on trains. I will take the train of 10:28 AM from Spoor 9 in order to be there early (11:20 AM). I own the discount card, those who want to come with me using the discount please let me know.

* Logistics Issue:
Due to we are a lot, I am concerned about losing some of you on the road  In order to avoid this I have the idea of using some help:
>> 2 people will ride together in the back (these will be the very last people),
>>1 person will be riding in the center, and
>> 1 person in the front with me, in this way we will be together.

* Plan for the day:
12:00 – 13:00 - we will take the boat from Amsterdam Central to Amsterdam Noord.
13:00 - 15:00 - About 24KM biking to Marken, several stops of < 5 min to refresh or take pictures
15:00 – 16:00 – Marken sightseeing + Lunch. I suggest to have a picnic so bring your own food as prices in Marken are very expensive.
16:00 – 17:00 - We will take a boat to Volendam, need to check this on site, I am not sure about their working schedule (**)
17:00 - 17:30 – About 11 Km biking from Volendam to Monickendam, several stops of < 5 min to refresh or take pictures
17:30 – 20:00 – Biking from Monickendam to Amsterdam (around 25 Km) , several stops of < 5 min to refresh or take pictures. Final destination the Brouwerij 't IJ BV (www.brouwerijhetij.nl)

* You can check the approximate route here:
http://maps.google.co...­

The exact route that we will follow with the knoppunten is shown here:
http://picasaweb.goog...­

(**) If we cannot take the boat to cross the IJs Meer in Marken or we do not have time for this, we will cycle the whole way back.

* So far the weather forecast seems to be Ok;) Be adviced that I can cancel this trip the day before for bad weather. In order for you to double check, please check your emails. If you do not have access to the Internet, please send me an sms: 06-42167153.

Cheers,
Adriana.