The GREEN Orientation sessions at Nova Labs ensure safety of you, others nearby, and the equipment. They also provide you with a history of our organization and our .
More info here. http://nova-labs.org/wiki/policies/safety
You Must Attend A GREEN Orientation Session
Before Using Any Machine Tools At Nova Labs!
When you take a GREEN Orientation, you will ....
- Hear a brief history of Nova Labs and why the organization exists
- Understand the membership and operating structure at Nova Labs
- How the organization operates
- How to become an associate, and eventually a member
- Review general safety procedures and policies for all shop areas at Nova Labs
- Use safety glasses, tie back hair, roll up sleeves, wear closed-toe shoes
- Locate fire extinguishers
- Know about emergency machine stops
- Sign a liability waiver
After taking a GREEN Orientation, you may use ....
- Hand tools, soldering stations, and other non-machine items
- Machine tools with a GREEN tape marking (such as drill presses, small band saw, circular saws, grinders, etc)
This session will not permit you to operate any CNC machines.
This session is part of a series of safety orientations designed to protect you, the tools, and people working around you. While the orientations are rather informal, please be attentive and respectful of the instructor and your fellow students. Questions are welcome anytime!
If this will be your first time visiting Nova Labs, allow extra time to find our building. See our contact page for more info about our location and where to park. http://nova-labs.org/contact/ If you arrive early - come in to chat with our members!