We'll introduce the Arduino platform - a valuable tool for electronics prototyping.
In this introductory course, we will help you with the questions below:
1. What is Arduino? How did it get started? Who invented it? Why?
2. What are some of the interesting things that people are already doing with Arduino?
3. Which Arduino is right for me? How can I tell? Where can I get one? We will have them available for purchase for a nominal fee!
4. How do I get started with sample projects? Bring your laptop (Windows, OS X, or Linux) and we will install the development tools on it with you.
5. Is there a good tutorial that I can follow? We will provide an excellent tutorial for you to take with you.
6. What's the first project I can do? Each class member will wire blinking lights on a prototyping board and run the software on an Arduino to make your lights blink!
If you do not have an Arduino already and wish to purchase one, we
will have a limited number of Arduino Mega boards for sale (with connection cables) for the rock bottom price of $25.00 (these cards are normally $65.00). Please bring cash! ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO NOVA LABS!
In addition, for the first time, we will be selling basic prototyping kits at the session. These kits include a breadboard, several resisters, several LEDS, switches, potentiometers, and jumper wires, basically everything you need to get started building with your Arduino! These kits will also be available for an additional $35.00. Here is a picture of the kit:
Please note: You do not need to purchase an Arduino and / or prototyping kit to take the class, but these are tremendous deals and all proceeds benefit NOVA Labs. If you want them, please bring cash or check! With our instruction, the Arduino and the prototyping kit you will have everything you need to make at least a dozen starter projects and more after you leave the class.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!