Note: Since only 3 are attending I am moving this to my workshop so I don't have to lug my tools all over the place. Be sure to bring your frames and be ready to take back a working Kart.
In this class we take your frame and add to it. In this exercise we will build a chair with a curved back with some lightening holes. Those of you who want to make something that rolls for you or your kids you will make a seat for the vehicle, which is just the seat without legs and then we will rivet the seat to your frame. If you want it to be a chair, you will bolt (not rivet) 4 pieces of angle as legs for your chair. If you choose to make a chair, you can also make 4 legs for your frame and turn it into a table.
If you are making a kart you must, must, MUST have your rear wheels on. Some specifics:
Jason, get your axle in and bolt on your brake. Make sure your drive wheel is ON THE LEFT (as you face forward from the rear) if you want to use my engine. Everyone else, please go get (Jason, you do not need 14):
1) 1 piece of 1" aluminum square tube, 4ft long
2) 1 piece of 1" aluminum 1/16" angle, 4ft long
3) 2 of these: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_21957_21957Tie Rod and Tie Rod ends from Northern
4) This set from Northern: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_24007_24007
5) This wheel from Northern: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_28653_28653
6) 2 of these: http://www.thebigbearingstore.com/servlet/the-1068/5-fdsh-8%22-Light-Duty-Two/Detail (bearings for your steering)
7) 2 of these: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_35049_35049 and nuts for same (2)
8) Those of you who don't have spindles for your front steering, go get them
11) Motor (except Jason). If you are using a gas motor, make sure it has a suitable centrifugal clutch with a sprocket that matches the one I gave you.
12) Those of you with band brakes will need 1 of these: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_35772_35772
13) Those with drum brakes need this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_54051_54051
14) If you are using a gas motor you need a throttle cable.15) If you are using a gas motor, get this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_35038_35038
I will bring sheet metal, rivets and madness.