The community has expressed interest in learning more about several areas of software development and Python in general. In particular, the following points have been mentioned:
- Natural Language Processing
- Deployment practices
- Web Frameworks in general (Django, Flask, Bottle) and MVC design
- Data analysis tools (IPython, Continuum's tools, etc)
- Project Showcase, want to show off that project you've been working on? Looking for contributions to your project?
- GUI development with wxPython and/or TKinter
The idea with most of these topics is to introduce new concepts at a beginning to intermediate level. But we do a lot of more advanced concepts as well. With the Project Showcase, this would probably work best in a lightning format. More in-depth sessions could be done with those interested in the individual projects.
So if you have any experience in one of these subjects, or want to learn something new and tell us how you did it, please let me know! Also, let me know the experience level you plan to cover (beginning/intermediate/advanced). We will be able to set up a meeting in a month that works for you.
Thanks for reading!