NSHuntsville Message Board › September meetup options

September meetup options

Matt
Matt_Blackmon
Group Organizer
Madison, AL
Post #: 8
Hi Everyone,

We usually have our meet ups on the last Tuesday of each month. As of now, there is no one speaking at the meeting on Sept 27th. There have been many suggested topics as seen on our front page, but no presenters. I won't be able to present. As I see it, we have several options:

• Volunteer! Someone can volunteer to give a talk, either on the topics presented or one of their own choosing.
  • Cancel the meet up. Not my first choice.
  • Have a discussion meetup. This could be about development tools, design philosophy, learning pain points, you name it. These can be suggested on the front page just like any other meet up. I think it'd work best for someone to volunteer to moderate and guide the discussion, but that's not necessarily mandatory.
  • Have a hack lunch. Quite simply, bring your work and let's all hack on our own projects in the same room.
  • Your idea that I haven't though of yet.

Please sound off as to your preference!

Cheers,

Matt
JP
user 14139449
Huntsville, AL
Post #: 1
I just suggested a talk from the 360iDev conference our team attended. If the Cocos2D topic doesn't interest anyone, then there are many other topics myself or someone from our team could give. I know you need an answer soon so either the Cocos2D talk or a hack lunch is my vote.
Josh R.
user 9865143
Huntsville, AL
Post #: 2
I would offer to present but I'm currently trying to work my way past having pneumonia. I know it's still a ways away but I don't want to offer and then be unable to actually do it.

I am currently reading on Cocos2D so I wouldn't mind a talk on that. An open discussion is also good for me. I'm good with most anything but canceling.
Matt
Matt_Blackmon
Group Organizer
Madison, AL
Post #: 9
Ok, from the front page it looks like most people seem to be in favor of the Cocos2d meeting, which is fine with me. I'm going to go ahead and set the date and time on it so JP can have time to prep a presentation. We can always do the other topic another month.