North Shore Volleyball Group - NSVBALL.COM Message Board › Sundays this fall

Sundays this fall

Chris Warren
user 12510027
Group Organizer
Libertyville, IL
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Players,
Summer is once again coming to an end.  The cold weather will start moving in (even though you wouldn't know considering it was 93 degrees today).  We can probably play through Sept, and maybe into Oct before it gets too cold.
After that, no more sand volleyball until spring... right?  WRONG!  Jesse Oaks in Gages Lake has a building with 2 sand courts inside.  Last winter we had a league with 4 meetup teams, and 3 other teams on Sunday evenings.  There's also a court for pickup games before or after the league.  I wanted to offer this again.  The cost is $100/team.  The league goes 9/15 to 12/15.  If you're interested in playing but don't have your own team, I'd suggest posting on the meetup discussion page under this conversation.  Hopefully we can get a couple captains to step up and organize.
The format is co-ed 6 volleyball.  You need a minimum of 2 females on the court, and a minimum of 4 total players.  If you'd like to check out the rules, head here...  http://jesseoaks.com/...­
The league needs a minimum of 4 teams.  At the end of the season, the playoff champions get t-shirts and 85% (up from 60% last time) of the league fees.  So, if 6 teams sign up, the champs get $510.  Not. Bad.
Last year, the games started around 5PM.  I'm guessing it will be similar this time, but they haven't confirmed yet.  I'll update the discussion as soon as I get a response.

Hit it hard!
-Chris
Brittanya Bryant
user 12142455
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 1
I would be interested in playing on a team maybe on Tuesday nights. I could probably get another two girls to play. So that would be 3 females for a super rec team. If there are interested males please let me know.

Thanks
Chris Warren
user 12510027
Group Organizer
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 25
I would be interested in playing on a team maybe on Tuesday nights. I could probably get another two girls to play. So that would be 3 females for a super rec team. If there are interested males please let me know.

Thanks
The super-rec division at Jesse Oaks is full for Tuesday nights. Intermediate and rec (no jumping) are still open.
Brittanya Bryant
user 12142455
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 2
I thought this was for the outdoor league because that is still open. Otherwise for the indoor it's $350 a team. I would be interested in the Tuesday fall outdoor.

Thanks
Christine Javier
user 75400272
Libertyville, IL
Looking to join a team for the Sunday night league @ Jesse Oaks
Danielle Nelson
user 92511432
Libertyville, IL
I would like to form a team for sunday if you are still getting people together. - let me know
Chris Warren
user 12510027
Group Organizer
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 26
I would like to form a team for sunday if you are still getting people together. - let me know
I am working on it. Haven't had a lot of response yet though
George M
user 19873331
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 14
Sign me up! Tuesday is my #1preference but I can do other days. I'd love to play intermediate, but I can go for lower level. I don't want to play with No jumping though. What time would it be Sunday? Hopefully earlier than 6pm because I always end up doing something after that
Chris Warren
user 12510027
Group Organizer
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 27
The earliest game on Sunday would be 5PM. The format is super-rec. Jumping is OK. As far as I know, they aren't offering REC this fall on any night.
George M
user 19873331
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 15
The earliest game on Sunday would be 5PM. The format is super-rec. Jumping is OK. As far as I know, they aren't offering REC this fall on any night.
Ok, I'm in for Sunday