Our very own Jose will be hosting a series of clinics to help you improve your game. Jose has been playing volleyball for 7 years. He coached 3 years for Sky High Inc. He played for Mundelein High School as well as club. He is thoroughly familiar will all aspects of the game including indoor and sand volleyball. See below for a more in-depth listing of his credentials.
If you want to take your game to the next level, this is a great opportunity to improve your game.
The format will be 1.5 hours of instruction, followed by 1 hour (or more - depending) of game play. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch as necessary.
***When you enter, please pay the $5 open gym fee to the counter. They accept cash and credit. You can tell them you're there for open gym volleyball. You will be paying the $10 class fee directly to Jose. We can't accept credit, so please make sure you bring cash. There is NOT an ATM at the gym.
Topics covered will be:
• Proper court position
We need a minimum of 5 attendees to be able to reserve the gym, so sign up right away.
Jose's Volleyball Resume:
Volleyball Instructor @ Sky High Volleyball Club Inc. 2011-Present
· Teaching the basics and fundamentals of volleyball
· Run warm-ups, drills, and critique individual performance
· Instruct groups of 10-16 children; 3rd through 8th grade
· Teach jump serve as well as other variations of floats and standing serves
Club Volleyball Player for 2 Years [masked]
· Team captain for both years on Sky High’s 16’s team and 18’s team
· I have played both setter and libero positions but am familiar all around the court
· Some experience with down-reffing and line reffing
4 Years of High School Level Volleyball [masked]
· Varsity player junior and senior year
· Recognized for ‘Most hustle award’
· Experience with playing libero and setter position
3 years High School Volleyball Management at Mundelein High School for James Sackley[masked]
· Recorded statistics and libero tracker for team/individuals
· Operate drills and reinforce coaches instructions
· Critique form and help adjust players when instructed to