Cost is $7 CASH ONLY
All of our pickup events are run using the following format:
7:10-7:15 Split teams by counting off or organizers manually even up teams. Players changes may be made if any team is too weak or strong.
7:15-8:30 Play and rotate to compete against other teams.
8:40-8:45 Remix teams (same as above)
8:45-10:00 Play and rotate to compete against other teams.
(Optional) 10:00-? Come have a beer and get to know some of the cool people that make up our group
This is an INT level event, and REC levels players should not attend (please see our skill descriptions here - http://goo.gl/fyGZsG). You are expected to have some experience playing volleyball. Most rallies consist of 3 hits (pass, set, attack). We reserve the right to move players to the appropriate skill level net, or even offer a refund to players that don't meet our skill requirement in an effort to keep games safe, competitive, and fun.
THIS FACILITY USES SPORT COURT FLOORING. VOLLEYBALL SHOES ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. YOU MUST WEAR CLEAN GYM SHOES ON THE COURT. STREET SHOES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE COURT WITH DIRTY SHOES.
Please make sure your skill level meets our INT skill level requirement.
On the typical volleyball ratings scale, INT players would be defined as approximately C level; REC players are not appropriate. INT players typically do not have experience playing on organized/coached teams, but have played for at least a few years in leagues and open gyms. Games are competitive and focused. This means the INT players are able to:
- Attempt a pass, set, and attack on each ball that comes over the net.
- Have a good grasp of all basic techniques with some room for improvement. Touches should mostly be controlled movements and not slapping/flailing/swinging wildly at the ball.
- Position defensively, often attempting a block on an attack or often digging the ball up.
- Spike or perform a roll shot that generally lands in the back third of the court.
- Keep the ball in play with a free ball when the pass or set is not accurate, to keep the volley going.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!