Cost is $7 CASH ONLY
All of our pickup events are run using the following format:
7:10-7:15 Split teams by counting off or organizers manually even up teams. Players changes may be made if any team is too weak or strong.
7:15-8:30 Play and rotate to compete against other teams.
8:40-8:45 Remix teams (same as above)
8:45-10:00 Play and rotate to compete against other teams.
(Optional) 10:00-? Come have a beer and get to know some of the cool people that make up our group
THIS FACILITY USES SPORT COURT FLOORING. VOLLEYBALL SHOES ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. YOU MUST WEAR CLEAN GYM SHOES ON THE COURT. STREET SHOES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE COURT WITH DIRTY SHOES.
This is an COMP level event (please see our skill descriptions here -http://goo.gl/fyGZsG). INT Level players should register for the INT event.
Here is the definition of COMP level for our group:
On the typical volleyball ratings scale, COMP players would be defined as CC skill level at an absolute minimum. COMP players typically have years of experience playing on organized/coached teams. This means that COMP players are able to:
- Have a firm grasp of all basic techniques; passing/platform, setting, blocking, approach/attacking, etc.
- Pass an easy serve or freeball to the setter almost 100% of the time, and handle most difficult/power/jump serves.
- Consistently serve overhand, often with power and accuracy of placement.
- Take approaches and attack sets downward and with power, for most players. Quick sets and other more advanced plays should be standard.
- Position appropriately on the court, including knowing where to be when defending a spike/dink attempt, blocking and double blocking, transitioning rapidly between offense and defense, etc. This also includes knowledge of how to run 5-1 and 6-2 offenses and their positioning considerations.
For news, videos, photos and more, CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK!