Learn how your organization can realize greater efficiencies for staff by going mobile.
Workers are increasingly on the go. The work day may stop at 5pm, but the work doesn't. With email, smartphones and social media sites like twitter and facebook, your clients and staff are increasingly connected. How do you adapt the organisation to support these new demands on work?
At this session, learn:
- Practical tips to supporting mobile workers
- Evolving practices from organisations to go mobile
- Policies and processes for the organisation to go mobile
- Procurement - how to procure and support the range of devices
- Hardware support and providing accessible connections for smartphones, tablets, laptops, wifi, printing
Presenter Douglas Bastien currently works as the Online Capacity Development Facilitator at the Ontario Council for Agencies Serving Immigrants in Toronto, supporting collaboration and capacity in Ontario's vast immigrant settlement sector. With a deep interest in the confluence of the public sector and technology, Douglas completed a Masters of Public Administration on the use of Web 2.0 to Improve Efficiency in Government. Douglas also holds a Graduate certificate in Public Management and Governance and a Bachelors of Commerce in Management Information Systems with minor studies in Political Science. Douglas currently blogs on his site: DBast.com.