Social events for the purpose of connection
Get together with other NVC people in the SF Bay Area! See what social events other nonviolent communication community members are hosting and join in! Or host your own event and invite members of our community.
These events may be an NVC community party, group dinner, hike, movie followed by discussion, or a group going to a public event. It could involve creative new ideas like an empathy contest or invite your friends to a BayNVC intro night, and the like.
- Any member of the NVC community who has joined this meetup group may post an event.
- It is understandable that some events may meet social needs, as well as growth needs. When posting an event, please state whether the event's purpose is social, practice, or education. It may be a combination of these.
- Indicate whether you are charging for the event in the description. If you are posting an event that you are charging people to attend, we request that you make a donation to the meetup dues for this site at the time you post the event. The suggested donation is $10-$15 per post for each event where payment for attending is requested. Donations may be made via Paypal through this meetup site.
- Events without a date and time may be posted in order to poll members for input about a date/time and location for an event. However, a date and time needs to be determined within 30 days. If you do not set a time and location within that time, please remove your event.
- Please do not post requests of support of others' events, promotion of their businesses or services on their behalf. We are a community with diverse interests and passions and it would be overwhelming to send emails promoting every service, cause, issue, event or project we care about.
Examples of Postings:
- An event you, a member of the NVC community meetup group, are hosting
- An event that you, a member of this NVC community meetup group you would like to invite other folks in the NVC community to join you for, such as a movie, concert, hike, or party.
Tips for Using the Meetup Group:
- After you've posted an event, the organizer will review the post and designate you as the event host. At that time, you will have access to additional features of the meetup group, such as modifying the number of RSVP's and other settings.
- Did you see a past event that you'd like to see posted again? Any member can email another member through the meetup site, and the email address remains undisclosed. This is one way that you can contact someone who has previously posted an event to encourage them to post another one like it.
- If you RSVP for an event and then decide not to attend, please change your RSVP to not attending. This meets the need for ease and consideration for the event host.
- Comments when you RSVP are welcome, but not required. When included, they may meet needs for greater connection.
- We are self-supporting and have dues of $72 every 6 months to keep this group on the meetup site. Donations are welcome at any time and are greatly appreciated. Donations may be made via Paypal through the meetup site.