Heartful Communication is now starting Monday, January 13th, and I have just a few spaces left!
For anyone who could use a little empathy, conflict resolution practice, and community to help us walk this life less alone, with hands to hold and words that connect.
Heartful Communication is for those who:
* Long for a warm, safe, supportive community in which to show up as we are, and be allies to one another’s growth and healing
* Seek support for navigating life choices and relationship challenges
* Want to relate more compassionately to oneself, allowing for all the inner voices to be heard and integrated into a more coherent whole
* Seek “hands-on” communication tools to cultivate more mindfulness, compassion, and ease in everyday life
Based upon the work on Marshall Rosenberg, PhD, and Nonviolent Communication, in this group, we will:
* Create a safe space to support one another in our personal healing and exploration of the needs at stake in our life choices and relationships
* Cultivate our capacity for empathy – with ourselves, one another, and – via role plays – with others in our lives with whom we find it difficult (or even impossible) to connect
* Practice the fine art of listening so as to hear the heart beneath others’ judgments, evaluations, and diagnoses
* Transform shame into shameless self-acceptance
this practice offers a deepening sense of self-love, and an invitation to step into greater authenticity and intimacy in all your relationships. It’s not about being “nice,” fake, or walking on eggshells; rather, it’s about learning to show up fully, in your truth, and with compassion.
(I am so grateful for these kind words!)
“Marina is one of my favorite teachers I’ve ever come across, not just because she knows her stuff as an NVC teacher, but because she walks her talk as a courageously vulnerable human being that creates a sacred safety for everyone in the room by being deliciously transparent herself. She’s the real deal.” - Scott Grace, Joy Ambassador at ScottSongs.com
“Marina brings her whole loving, vulnerable self to create a loving healing space where each of us can explore our feelings and needs and learn new ways of moving from disconnection to connection. As a result of participating in Marina’s group, I am daily gaining a deeper understanding of myself, learning to love myself along with new ways to connect deeply with those around me.” - Celia Davis, Non-Profit Deputy Director
“Nourishing, soulful, heartfelt, profound… more fully in myself as a result.” - Jon Cotton, Nutritionist at TotalHealthSecrets.com
“Marina is the genuine article: authentic, vulnerable, compassionate and wise. She holds a solid space for others to move boldly forward and open their hearts to themselves. I adore her dedication to the simple idea that we are each precious beyond measure. Her work has opened my heart and allowed several miracles to happen in my life.” - Colleen Thomas, Writer, Voice & Multi-Media Artist
“Marina has helped me give voice to the wounded and shamed pieces of me through empathy and play, allowing me to be so aware of my own destructive self-talk. This woman has absolutely empowered me and inspires me to be the most open-hearted, uninhibited, and loving version of me. I hold so much gratitude for the gifts and tools she has brought into my life.” – Melanie Alejandra
“I loved the vulnerability, the sense of trust and being seen, as well as the humor and playfulness of this group — it was so much fun!!” - Joni Loftin, Self-Love & Empowerment Coach at www.joniloftin.com.
WHEN'S AND WHERE'S
January 13th thru March 10TH (skipping Feb 10th)
6:40 - 9:10pm (Means more time, depth, and intimacy among us)
A private, lovely home in the hills in Berkeley (Note: Carpooling may be necessary, as parking is somewhat scarce!)
$160-$320 for the series, sliding scale. (Talk to me if finances are a barrier).
WHO IS THIS WOMAN?
Marina Smerling is a counselor and communication coach to families, couples, and individuals. Drawing upon nearly a decade of experience in Nonviolent Communication (NVC), her focus is using NVC to help us dissolve shame and to speak our truth with heart. Marina is also a former attorney and co-founder of WiseHeart Lawyering, helping attorneys to communicate both more effectively and compassionately with their clients. She lives and works in Berkeley, California, and offers Skype sessions worldwide.
HOW TO REGISTER
Call 1-855-EMPATHY, or write to at [masked].
Blessings your ways...
Relationship Coaching & Individual Counseling