addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NVC Community Events of the SF Bay Area Message Board › Thanks for joining the NVC Community Events of the Bay Area Meetup Group!

Thanks for joining the NVC Community Events of the Bay Area Meetup Group!

Vicki L.
user 3858687
Group Organizer
Alameda, CA
Hello Dear One,

I'm so delighted so see such a strong showing of Nonviolent Communicators in a short period of time! We have 65 members so far and counting! I'm inspired by the possibilities for connection and compassion within our community and look forward to meeting each of you. My needs for hope and belonging are met! Thank you for joining and being counted.

We'd love your help in getting the word about our meetup group to other folks that you may know in the NVC community before our first event - a cocktail party scheduled for October 22 at Alexandra & Michael's place in Oakland. Please share this Meetup opportunity with your friends in the NVC community!

You don't have to wait until our launch party to get involved. I'd like to invite you to suggest meetup gatherings. I've pasted the group description and posting guidelines below so you can think about what you might like to post. If you'd like to discuss an idea with me, drop me a line through email, or give me a call on my cell.

Also,

Compassionately,

Vicki Lapp

510-407-1393

vickilapp@yahoo.com

NVC Community Events of the SF Bay Area
Social events for the purpose of connection

Get together with other NVC people in the SF Bay Area! See what social events other nonviolent communication community members are hosting and join in! Or host your own event and invite members of our community.

These events may be an NVC community party, group dinner, hike, movie followed by discussion, or a group going to a public event. It could involve creative new ideas like an empathy contest or invite your friends to a BayNVC intro night, and the like.

Posting Guidelines

Any member of the NVC community may post an event that you are hosting.

We suggest that you clarify whether non- NVC people are also welcome to the event that you are hosting, if someone wants to bring a friend or family member.

Examples of Postings:

• An event you, a member of the NVC community meetup group, are hosting
  • An event that you, a member of this NVC community meetup group you would like to invite other folks in the NVC community to join you for, such as a movie, concert, hike, or party.

Examples of things NOT appropriate to post in this meetup:

• requests of support of others' events, promotion of their businesses or services or requests for general information on their behalf .
  • requests for money or donations of anything except time (volunteer services) or goods.

We are a community with diverse interests and passions and connections and it would be overwhelming to send emails promoting every service, cause, issue, event or project we care about.

The organizing committee for this meetup group may revise the posting guidelines in order to maintain harmony, involvement, and satisfaction of the members of this community.