NVC Community Events of the SF Bay Area Message Board › Nonviolence and cruel hunting practice: please be counted

Nonviolence and cruel hunting practice: please be counted

Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 340
Send an Email Post a Greeting
This is an opportunity for the NVC community to step up and speak out against a cruel hunting practice that needs to be banned in California.
======================================­===================================

Please make phone calls as described below BEFORE APRIL 24. Even better if you can show up at the hearing on 4/24.

I just called all the Senators' offices, and indications are that phone calls in opposition to this bill (i.e., in favor of the cruel practice) are outnumbering the ones from "our side." Some of the Senators' staff also indicated that they expected a large turn-out in person at the hearing from the folks opposed to passing this anti-cruelty bill.

======================================­==================

Important Hearing to Support Bill to Ban Hunting with Hounds in California

Currently in California, radio-collared dogs are used to chase down frightened bears and bobcats, sometimes for many miles, until the animal nears exhaustion and is forced up a tree. When the dogs stop running, the trophy hunter then uses a tracking device to locate the hounds and shoots the bear or bobcat out of the tree.

We have an opportunity to help the animals that are forced to participate in this cruel “sport.” Senate Bill 1221, introduced by State Senator Ted Lieu, would ban hound hunting of bears and bobcats in the state of California. Please make your voice heard and help end the terrible practice of hound hunting by coming to the hearing in Sacramento.

The fate of this bill can literally be decided by the number of people who show up to a hearing.

Tuesday, April 24 8:00 am
State Capitol 11th and L Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814

You can RSVP here: http://action.humanes...­.

Can’t attend the hearing?

Please call ALL members of the Senate Natural Resources committee BEFORE APRIL 24 and urge a YES on SB 1221… you can say “Hi, my name is _____________ and I live in __________________ County. I know Senator ______ is going to be voting on SB 1221 in committee soon and I want to urge him/her to vote in support of SB 1221. Thank you.”

•Senator Fran Pavley (Chair) (916) 651-4023
•Senator Doug La Malfa (Vice Chair) (916) 651-4004
•Senator Anthony Cannella (916) 651-4012
•Senator Noreen Evans (916) 651-4002
•Senator Jean Fuller (916) 651-4018
•Senator Christine Kehoe (916) 651-4039
•Senator Alex Padilla (916) 651-4020
•Senator Joe Simitian (916) 651-4011
•Senator Lois Wolk (916) 651-4005