NW Wilderness Message Board › Cape Horn Volunteer Work Crew

Cape Horn Volunteer Work Crew

PJ
user 40797182
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 3
Since NW Wilderness has used the Cape Horn trail in the past, thought I'd post the following link. Its a great way to give back on a great trailsmile

http://www.meetup.com...­
PJ
user 40797182
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 4
What a rewarding experience and a great group of folks. WTA is re-routing a west part of the Cape Horn trail.....literally blazing a trail out of the hills. Learned a lot by doing this.....didn't realize all the physical human effort/knowledge into making our wonderful trails. The only down-side was a rock gave way that my foot was resting on and I tumbled down a hillside (we are literally working on hillsides a lot of the way because there is no trail).....wouldn't of been that bad but a very BIG rock (felt like a boulder...lol) decided to follow me down and smash into my leg....OW...impact really hurts (Can't imagine, or understand the concept, how a fighter feels after a fight)! lol Up-side to the down-side is no breaks so only layed up a few days! :)

Would highly recommend all hikers volunteer a day to get the gist of how we're able to hike thru the wilderness on existing trails. For me, a real appreciation.