Needs a date
Online, New York, NY
Price: $1.00/per person
This is an archived version of the third webinar in the term sheet series which reviewed the actual math and Excel spreadsheet relating to:
* Cap table example - incorporation, common shares, option plan - pre and post money valuations and prices per share (PPS)
* Example of financing / returns model for an angel funded company
* Liquidation preferences example - participating vs non participating preferred
* Anti-dilution example
More details below:
Based on the very successful in-person workshop on term sheets conducted in 2011, David Rose and Avi Fogel will be delivering all this knowledge online.
The live online webinars will also be recorded, for free viewing by attendees, as an ongoing source of reference for 12 months, and to allow those that may have missed one, to catch up using the recorded versions.
We will conduct 3 webinars - all on Tue. at 5PM EST:
April 3 - Term sheet details - 1, David Rose
April 17 - Term sheet details - 2, David Rose
May 1 - Term sheet, cap table, financing calculations and spreadsheets - Avi Fogel
In this third of 3 webinars, which will last 60 minutes, Avi Fogel will review some of the math and the Excel tools which are useful in capitalizing startups.
The session makes use of the following files in the files section of this meetup site
Entrepreneur leaders and investors, as well as service professionals and academics who desire to understand the basic business terminology, perspectives and math associated with building and funding startup businesses.
Upon completion, the attendee will have learned all the major factors showing up in startup funding deals. This will enable a faster, more collaborative funding effort for both investor and entrepreneur.
Avi Fogel - a member of the board of directors of New York Angels, runs Majorlee Investments, a small hedge fund and VC fund focusing on tech companies.
Avi has been the CEO of four technology startups
- LANNET, Inc (The US subsidiary of LANNET, an Israeli LAN switching vendor). LANNET was public on NASDAQ and was then acquired by Madge Networks.
- CommHome Systems - a residential gateway startup which was acquired by Network-1
- Network-1, an intrusion prevention software vendor, which was public on the NASDAQ and sold its consulting division to Exodus Comm's.
- ProActivity - an Israeli process management software vendor which was acquired by EMC.
Avi has made 13 angel investments, 5 of which have exited.
Avi sits on the board of Localytics, a mobile analytics vendor and is a graduate of Israel's Technion (B.Sc.E.E) and Babson College (MBA - Summa Cum Laude)
Vanessa Alexandra Pestritto, Group Administrator of New York Angels
Interim COO and CFO to tech startups. Former public markets investor and hedge fund founder.
Bill Benedict NY Angel
Advertising exec turned startup entrepreneur & advisor with deep global experience
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.