The New York Corporate Social Responsibility Meetup Group Message Board › Interesting CSR web discussions coming up (first this Fri, 9/17)

Interesting CSR web discussions coming up (first this Fri, 9/17)

Sameer
sjsjsj
New York, NY
Post #: 1
All,

I came across a couple of interesting CSR discussions that will be broadcast over the web in the near future, and thought I would share:

1) The first is this Friday, Sept 17, from 10:30am-noon Eastern, "on CSR and the Role of Business Today -- A Spirited Discussion." It was sparked by Prof. Aneel Karnani's recent "Case against CSR" in the WSJ (Karnani is a panelist, as are several other interesting commentators).

Registration is here (pretty sure it's free): http://www.videonewsw...­. I am told that there will be a recording made available after the event, so register even if you can't listen live.

2) Webcast of a panel on The Case for Business in Developing Economies, on Tuesday, September 28.

http://www.cato.org/e...­ No need to register unless you want to actually schlep down to DC to attend in person.

I hope people will find those interesting, and perhaps we can discuss the issues raised at a future CSR Insight meeting.

Sameer

Amy
AmySNYC
New York, NY
Post #: 7
Thanks Sameer. I was already registered but forgot to include this on the Meetup calendar. It's on there now.