The United Nations continues to be the world's most influential international forum, but the path to employment within its multiple bodies and programs is often a challenging task.
In this seminar you will learn:
• How to understand the various bodies of the U.N. system: What are they and which are currently hiring?
• Realities vs. misconceptions: What degree do I need? What are the requirements? What can I expect to earn?
• What U.N. employers are currently recruiting for: Resume & cover letter tips, networking advice, and application guidance
• How to prepare for the UN Secretariat Young Professionals Program
• About training programs, internships, consultancies, & other non-traditional points of entry into U.N. employment
All attendees receive:
• The FPA Intro Guide to a Career with the UN Tool Book
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Light food and drink during networking/Q&A session
• Complementary six-month subscription to Foreign Affairs Magazine
Who should attend this seminar?
• Undergraduate and Graduate Students considering or preparing for a career at the U.N.
• Young Professionals interested in beginning a career at the U.N.
• Mid-Career Professionals transitioning to a career at the U.N.
For those unable to attend any of our Global Career Boot Camps, the course specific Tool Book for each Boot Camp can be purchased for $30 on the registration page. This will include the material covered at the event, from resume writing to field-specific advice. To purchase a Tool Book for any event, purchase the “Tool Book” ticket on that Boot Camp’s Eventbrite listing. You will receive a link to the downloadable Tool Book (PDF) via email within 48 hours of your registration.
Katarina Holm-Didio - Instructor
Cross Cultural Trainer, Career and Job Search Consultant
Katarina, a Cross-cultural Trainer, Freelance writer and Career Consultant, has over 13 years of experience global HR, cross-cultural training, international and strategic job search.
Her experience includes working with major relocation service providers, the United Nations Secretariat, the UN Development Program, and Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs and working in adult education in Finland.
Katarina grew up in Finland and is fluent in Swedish and Finnish in addition to English and some French. Her areas of expertise are cross-cultural competence and managing transitions; strategic job search and career management; working and living in the US and in Finland and the Scandinavian countries.
She has a Masters Degree in Social Science; Certifications in: Adult Career Planning and Placement; Cross-Cultural Competence; Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest inventory. She is currently finalizing her MA in Mental Health Counseling with a focus on cross-cultural issues in counseling.
She is monthly columnist for a newspaper in Finland, writes her own blog and is a board member of Families in Global Transition (FIGT). She has presented at the FIGT and SIETAR conferences about Cross-cultural Counseling and Finnish Culture.
This Global Career Boot Camp is sponsored by Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA).
Note# This event is not sponsored by NY Meetup Career. Please contact the sponsorer for this event directly for questions and concerns.
PLEASE NOTE the Foreign Policy Association refund policy: Refunds are not available for event registrations. You may transfer your registration to another party up to 24 hours prior to an event by notifying the Foreign Policy Association at [masked]