Come share your passion/creativity at our regular monthly Culture Circle !
Everyone brings and gets to share something that they're passionate about-- it could be something you've created yourself, but it doesn't have to be.
You could bring a poem, a song, a photograph, a painting, a monologue, a CD, a favorite story, needlework, WHATEVER you want...!
We'll sit in a circle and take turns sharing/presenting to each other. Each person will have a turn to present, and in between, we'll have some time to react and talk about each other's contributions in a WARM and SUPPORTIVE atmosphere.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Do you have a favorite SONG? Bring the CD and play it for us!
- Do you have a POEM that you've written but haven't had anyone to read it to? Bring it and recite it for us!
- Do you have a favorite STORY or GREEK MYTH? Come and tell us!
- Have you learned a MONOLOGUE and are just dying to try it out in front of others? Come and perform it for us!
- Do you love the SHOW 'Six Feet Under' and can speak for a few minutes as to WHY it's the best show ever and how our lives would all be better if only we all watched it? Come and tell us about it!
Anything goes! This is the place for sharing / learning about / giving / receiving / expressing feelings and opinions about culture. Our definition of culture = 'ANYTHING CREATIVE' !
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
We will be in a magical, inspiring atmosphere: the beautiful Turkish Carpet store owned by one of our members, Hayko Oltaci. The store is dark, candle-lit, and incense-burning! Hayko serves us freshly-brewed Turkish tea! We will sit on, and be surrounded by, beautifully ornate Turkish rugs throughout the evening! In a word, the place is MAGIC.
Bring something comfortable to sit in, as we will be sitting on the floor or on rolled up stacks of Turkish carpets.
(NOTE: There will be a GUITAR and a STEREO for anyone to use.)
Bring one or two things that you feel passionate about.
But most of all, bring YOURSELF, your open mind, and that in-extinguishable divine spark of creativity and awe that resides in each of us!
We will be at HAYKO's from 7:15 until 10:00.
Afterwards, feel free to join us as we continue the bonding and merriment at our nearby hang-out:
SILVER STAR RESTAURANT
[masked]nd Ave. (and E. 65th St.)
Take the stairs one flight up to the second floor.
Once you reach the second floor, the door to the store is on your right.
The event fee helps us cover the rental fee for the room.
WE START ON TIME, PLEASE BE ON TIME.
For more on Hayko's, see http://www.hayko.com/