|Sent on:||Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:22 PM|
I hope you're all well and getting those projects finished for MakerFaire next week. I've just come back from visiting some of the National Parks in southern Utah - it's spectacular out there.
I wanted to give you a heads up about a huge week or so of hardware events happening in the city, which of course includes our very own 3rd meetup. Don't miss out!!
- This Thursday 9/20 is the Design for Manufacturing Summit (http://dfmsummit.com/) with some great speakers, including members of this meetup! I have an extra ticket so whoever writes to me first ([address removed]) can have it for free!
- On Tuesday 9/25 is an event called Technology You Can Touch organized by NYC Techconnect, a great organization helping start-ups in the physical sciences. You can register free here: http://tyct0925.eventbrite.com/
- On Wednesday 9/26 is the 3rd hardware startup meetup and we'll have a great line up of speakers. I'm finalizing the schedule now, but am having some trouble finding a venue to host 70-80 people, as my usual places are all tied up. If any of you can help out, please send me a note! You can register here.
- On Thursday 9/27 is the Open Source Hardware summit. A friend of mine is looking for a spare ticket (they are all sold out) so please let me know if you have a spare or can't go and want to sell your ticket!
- The weekend of 9/29-9/20 is MakerFaire, an amazing event which showcases the works of makers and entrepreneurs alike. Get out to Queens for a great weekend!
As usual, don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions, humorous conjectures etc,