NY Hardware Start-up Message Board › Santa brought us a new sponsor! Let's show Bonsai some love!

Santa brought us a new sponsor! Let's show Bonsai some love! New meetup scheduled Jan 15th

Haytham E.
user 12592642
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Dear Hardwarians,

I hope you're all well and wrapping up the year in style. Go on, leave that CAD design until tomorrow and go out and grab some celebratory drinks... But before you do, have a quick read as I've got lots of news for you!

• Santa brought us an awesome new sponsor! They are MakeSimply, and they are a sourcing and manufacturing management company that helps businesses and startups take their ideas from design to product. They bring a network of manufacturing partners and 30 years of sourcing expertise, so if you want to manufacture, they are the place to go. They are launching their business in New York City in the first quarter 2013. Thanks to their generosity they will cover the costs of food and refreshments at our meetups! In advance of their launch, they are hoping to learn more about the hardware startup scene in New York, so let's show them some appreciation by filling in a survey about your hardware startup, which should take 3-5 minutes: http://makesimp.ly/survey.html­
  • Remember at our last meet up, we had Craig Battin demoing his swanky new product for a better shave by actually getting his designer Pepin Gelardi to shave live? Did you think, darn I want one of those! Well now is your chance as he's just launched on Indiegogo and has raised over $12k in just 3 days. Let's show him some NY love by helping him build on that momentum!
  • Our next meetup is scheduled for Tuesday January 15th, from 6:30 - 9pm and we'll have a fantastic line up. I'll send you the scheduled event in the next few days, but scribble that date in your diaries!
  • And finally, I can't recommend this enough: check out the front-page of the hardware startup reddit r/HWStartups - for all your hardware startup news. Please feel free to post your company's goings-on or any cool hardware articles / sites!

OK guys, this is probably my last communication before the end of the year! Hope you enjoy the holidays and see you all in 2013!

Cheers,

Haytham