add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

NY Hardware Start-up Message Board › NYC TechDay and Hardware Startup Meetup in Crain's

NYC TechDay and Hardware Startup Meetup in Crain's

Haytham E.
user 12592642
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi folks,

I hope you've all enjoyed the Spring weekend! Some interesting announcements this week if you are looking to hire someone, or get hired.

1) NY TechDay is a massive startup trade show. As a startup you can exhibit at a booth and be exposed to an expected 10,000 attendees. As someone looking to get hired, it's free to attend to see what's on offer. This year, for the first time, they are including a hardware section, to reflect the growing presence of the sector. It's a great opportunity for members of this group to either find talent or search for opportunities. They are also willing to give a special rate for startups from this meetup group to have a booth, so let me know if you would like to exhibit.

This is the blurb they sent me:

"NY Tech Day enables young companies to gain introductions to thousands of consumers, investors, first adopters, major companies, job-seekers and members of the press. The inaugural expo in 2012 filled New York's Lexington Armory with 200 startups and 4,000 attendees. The Second Annual NY Tech Day is poised to outstrip last year’s success by growing three-times larger and offering these new upgrades:

• Huge Exhibitor Directory to allow startups to generate massive buzz before the main event
  • Branded exhibitor sections for Accelerators, Co-Working Spaces, Universities, startups of specific industry verticals (e.g. Hardware)
  • Public jobs board for exhibiting startups to post employment openings and connect with talented job-seekers"

2) The hardware startup meetup got mentioned in a recent article by Crain's, as did some of the startups that have pitched before. Charlie O'Donnell, seed stage investor and member of this group, was quoted in the article as saying, "If I'm ranking the top 25 sources of where an interesting deal might come out of in the next year, the Hardware Meetup is on that list."

3) Last week I mentioned The Hardware Innovation Workshop happening in San Mateo in May. A few people have told me you are going too. If you are going, let me know, and let's see if we can get a contingent from NY down there to represent. Also early bird registration ends today, and I am one person short to get the group ticket package, which is considerably cheaper, so if you are planning to go and want to buy your ticket today, let me know!

Now, back to the laser cutter,