addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NY Hardware Start-up Message Board › New meetup, internship season and Make your own PCB class

New meetup, internship season and Make your own PCB class

Haytham E.
user 12592642
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Dear hardwarians,

I just returned from the Hardware Innovation Workshop in San Mateo and it was an incredible experience. Lots of new hardware startups and a chance to meet with folks figuring out how to go from prototype to product. Here is a great recap from the MakerPro website.

1) I need presenters for the next meetup on May 30th! If you have a hardware startup and want to present, please email me! Presentations last 5 minutes (including demo) and 5 minutes Q&A with the audience.

2) It's intern season, and I know many of you are looking for interns or internships for the Summer. I've been uploading internships to the Zahn Center website here­. If you're looking for interns, please send me a brief description of what you are looking for, and I'll upload them on the Internships page on the Zahn Center Website.

3) A new Make Your Own PCB class will be held on June 15th and June 29th, but hurry to get your ticket as last time it sold out in less than a week. It's a great chance to learn how to design and assemble a printed circuit board under the guidance of Jonathan Hirschman, PCB designer extraordinaire. We'll be using surface mount components, so you'll get experience with what's in your real consumer electronics devices.

Thanks and don't stop building!

Haytham