NY Hardware Start-up Message Board › Highway1, Hardware Innovation Workshop and a cracking good blog

Highway1, Hardware Innovation Workshop and a cracking good blog

Haytham Elhawary
user 12592642
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Dear all,
Last night's meetup was awesome - what great startups are popping out of the wood work! I can only agree with Marc Barros, founder of Contour Cameras, when he asks if New York is becoming the epicenter of hardware. Well, duh.. Talking of Marc Barros, his blog is one of the best I've read about hardware startups, you can check it out here.
As a follow up from yesterday's meetup:
1) The Hardware Innovation Workshop is coming to NY and will be held on September 18th. Remember, for a chance to pitch your prototype, you can apply for selection here. It will gets lots of exposure in front of a good hardware crowd which includes investors.
2) If you are looking for a job in a hardware startup or want to post a job, let me know. I'll post them all on the Zahn Center website's job board.
3) Want to follow our very own Canary's record breaking Indiegogo campaign? Check it out here. They are currently on 3 times their goal with 35 days left, and every time I refresh, they raise like another $50k.
4) Yesterday we had Aymerik Renard present Highway1, a new incubator for hardware startups based in San Francisco and part of the PCH International family. Applications are due by August 12th!
That's all for this week. See you all again next month!
Haytham