This conviently located 654 acre land preserve is owned and managed by the Somer's Land Trust. It is the home to one of the few local places where native trout still rule the streams. The terrain is rolling and varied with some nice streams. We will do a 5 mile hike along most of the border of the southern section (south of route 139). This park is brand new and trails are still in the process of being completed. I believe this is the first time a meetup group will utilize this preserve.
- TAKE 684 NORTH TO EXIT 6 TURN LEFT UNTO 35 WEST
- Stay on 35 west for 1.6 mile
- At 4 way intersection, make a right unto 100 North.
- After .6 miles, take first fork left unto Route 139.
- After 1 mile, road curves and you will see open space on your left, slow down park entrance is on your left.
- Enter park drive by old farm house and gate, stay on worn blactop road for .4 miles until you reach the parking lot by bathroom.
CONTACT: Send Ted any questions you have regarding this hike. If you are lost or running late the day of the hike, give Ted a call to let hime know (203) 240-2706.
Liability Waiver: This is a fun and interesting group of people that enjoy hiking and socializing, it is not organized by a professional hiker. Hiking or outdoor activities have inherent risks. Your participation in our hikes or other events could be dangerous and can result in serious injury, medical emergency, even death.
You agree to participate in this event completely at your own risk and to take full responsibility for your own safety and well being, including those of your guests.