I imagine there are a number of NYC Search & Discovery or NYC Lucene and Solr members who may be interested in the following.
Sematext Int'l (HQ in Brooklyn) is looking for a strong Search Engineer with interest and ability to interact with clients and with potential to build and lead local and/or remote development teams.
A person in this role needs to be able to:
* design large scale search systems
* have solid knowledge of either Solr or ElasticSearch or both
* efficiently troubleshoot performance, relevance, and other search-related issues
* speak and interact with clients
Pluses - beyond pure engineering:
* ability and desire to expand and lead a development/consulting teams
* ability to think both business and engineering
* ability to build products based on observed client needs
* ability to present in public, at meetups, conferences, etc
* ability to contribute to blog.sematext.com
* active participation in online search communities
* attention to detail
* desire to share knowledge and teach
* positive attitude, humor, agility
We're small and growing. Our HQ is in Brooklyn, but our team is spread over 4 continents. We have deep expertise in search and data analytics. Team members are conference speakers, book authors, Apache members, open-source contributors, etc.
Some of our NYC clients that we are allowed to mention are Etsy, Gilt, Tumblr, Thomson Reuters, Simon & Schuster (more on http://sematext.c...).
* [address removed]
If you are interest, please send over some information about yourself, your CV, and let's talk.
Search Analytics - http://sematext.c...
Scalable Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.c...