addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup Message Board › Dir of Search Engineering role in the city

Dir of Search Engineering role in the city

A former member
Post #: 41
Hello everyone. I've just joined this group given the amount of work we're doing related to Search technology so I thought I'd share a new role we've just opened up with a client in the city. I've spent the past 5 years building out our network in the NY Tech Community. We've successfully partnered with some of the more successful and interesting names in the Startup and Tech Community. I'd say my most important success in the Search space was my placement of the Search Team Lead at Etsy last January.

The details on this role are still coming in to me, but essentially my client is looking to hire a talented Engineering lead with hands-on ability and leadership skills. This will be the classic "hands-on manager" type with a strong Lucene background and solid understanding of the Java stack. My client is an established brand and not a startup, yet they are embarking on some important projects to retool their product. I'm happy to share more details if anyone's interested in a confidential, offline conversation.

The role will pay 150-180K + bonus for the right individual. I can be reached at 212 616 3521 for anyone interested.

Thanks.

Mike