NYC Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup Message Board › Organizing for the future

Organizing for the future

Jack K.
user 8651610
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hey Everyone,

Since this group is no longer really active and without an organizer, I was thinking that I might become an organizer. But, the big question is what future people see/feel for the future of this meetup.

I live in NYC, but am currently on a six-month on-site project far away from NYC. And I don't personally have ready access to a meeting venue, either.

That said, I think that at a minimum we should keep this meetup alive for online interaction and announcements, or at least as a placeholder for future efforts.

Thoughts? Comments? Encouragement?

-- Jack Krupansky
Grant I.
GrantIngersoll
Group Organizer
Pittsboro, NC
Post #: 5
Hey Jack,

I added myself as an organizer. Would definitely be nice to have someone local to NYC to help co-organize. Would also be great if we could figure out a regular venue to host this at. In my experience, that is one of the keys to a successful meetup. Also would be good if the community could start offering up ideas for talks that they would either like to see or could give.
Jack K.
user 8651610
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Hey Grant,

I see that Stephanie has added herself as an organizer as well, so that Meetup is no longer threatening to nuke this group. Big thanks to you both!

I agree that a regular venue would be great, but that is one of the things that I don't have to offer.

-- Jack Krupansky