NYC Cooking Party Message Board › Cooking Questions :-)

Cooking Questions :-)

Nadege
user 3080647
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 11
Thank you all so far for joining the Cooking Party meetup. I will do my best not to bombard you with useless emails and questions, however, I am big on understanding and providing what you guys want. So in order to ensure our meetups are structured in a fun and effective manner, I want to get a sense of your cooking habits and your likes and dislikes in terms of food taste/preference.

So some questions:

How often do you cook now?

If/when you cook, what do you cook?

do you like your cooking environment? what do you like? dislike?

What is your level of cooking experience?i.e. can you boil water? :-)

What would you like to learn to cook(may be a specific item, meal, or ethnic food)?

How open are you to eating various foods?

What types of food do you find the most appealing?

What types of food do you try to stay away from?

What is your philosophy on food/cooking/dining?
A former member
Post #: 4
Some answers:

How often do you cook now? Not as often as I like. It's not worth the efforts many times to cook for one, but love potlucks.

If/when you cook, what do you cook? Usually practical stuff (dinner fare), but like to mix it up when going to friends/family for holidays, making something out of the ordinary (last Christmas I tried my hand at baklava).

do you like your cooking environment? what do you like? dislike? I love it. I have an island in my little studio, which helps me do a lot of prepping while either watching tv or talking with guests. Of course, more counter space would be nice.

What is your level of cooking experience?i.e. can you boil water? :-) I'm pretty good. :)

What would you like to learn to cook(may be a specific item, meal, or ethnic food)? Ethnic food, definitely. It is so second-nature to certain people since it is their ethnicity, but they can teach so much more than I can learn from a recipe.

How open are you to eating various foods? Very.

What types of food do you find the most appealing? Anything spicy! I try to cook healthy, so bonus points for healthy fare.

What types of food do you try to stay away from? Hmm, I'm pretty adventurous.

What is your philosophy on food/cooking/dining? It's part of our culture and a great way to express your creativity (especially for those of us with bad singing voices who can't draw!)