If you RSVP'ed "YES" to this meetup, please be considerate and do the following:
• If you can't make it, please update to NO asap and give others a chance to attend
• If you CAN make it, please ensure you have your FULL NAME (first, last) listed. Building security WILL be checking ID and your name should match that on your ID card (no exceptions)
1. Feature Talk: DART LANG TECH TALK (Speaker: DAMON DOUGLAS, NY Dartisan)
Dart is set to take off with the release of the 1.0 SDK and submission to ECMA for standardization. GDG New York is participating in the Worldwide Dart Flight School events with a tech talk in January and a hands-on code lab in February. You can attend either or both based on time/space and we will make the materials available on our G+ page later for everyone.
This Tech Talk will be an introduction to Dart for a beginner audience. It will be a 2-part talk, with the first providing an overview and the second providing more detail on features. We will conclude with Q&A and also provide some help/hints for getting setup for the code lab next month.
Time-permitting, we may do a short introduction to Angular and Angular Dart. These will be covered in more detail at the code lab.
2. Lightning Talk: GOOGLE COMPUTE ENGINE (Speakers: ROWAN MCCANN/WES DEAN, White Stratus)
GCE was launched (opened to general availability) in December and provides a comparable/competitive option to solutions like AWS. We anticipate GCE taking off in 2014 and hope to do more talks on the platform, capabilities and case studies over the year.
This Lighting Talk will be an introduction to Google Compute Engine, targeting a beginner/intermediate developer audience. The speakers are actively developing and deploying solutions with the Google Cloud Platform at White Stratus, a Premium Partner for Google Apps.
3. Lightning Talk: GOOGLE APPS SCRIPTS UPDATES (Speaker: ALLEN FIRSTENBERG, Google Developer Expert)
The Apps Script team recently announced an update supporting an expanded list of services for interactions.
In this Lighting Talk, Allen, our resident GDE, will walk us through what this means for developers -- including implications for Google Glass Explorers.
January Meetup Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/events/cbfmiqjl9uh2h01f6udo5gohd7s
Please follow us on G+ -- stay connected with latest updates regarding our meetups including links to speaker presentations, setup instructions (for codelabs).