I might have already mentioned this to some folks, but Zog Sports is an awesome "Social" Sports League. I'm going to be signing up for summer kickball, which I did last year, and it was awesome! This will be a fun way for us to hang out regularly and meet some new people(/guys) on our team!
Teams are coed and laid-back (there's differing levels of play, and I join the "casual" league). There is a $80 registration fee (we need to register by 5/10 to get that special price), which helps run Zog but a portion also goes to charity, which gets you a spot on the team, a tshirt, and drink specials at a local bar after every game. Everyone I've ever met doing Zog (I also did dodgeball last winter) was super nice and we always have fun during the game and at the bar afterwards.. :)
Games will be held in Manhattanonce a week starting 6/10/13 (until the end of July), on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings, and will start sometime between 6:00 and 7:30pm, but it's no big deal if you ever have to miss a game or two.
Here's more info on the league we'll be joining:
About Zog Kickball:
Relive your elementary school glory days in NYC's largest and most fun kickball league! It's exactly as you remember it with the red rubber ball and plenty of laughs. If you’re a former athlete that can kick the ball a mile, or just enjoy watching people pop out after taking a huge run up at a bouncing ball, we have the league for you. Spring, Summer and Fall (only weekends in the Fall) you can satisfy the hunger that has been growing since your childhood, but instead of milk & cookies after the game, we'll send you to one of our organized happy hours!
- 11-on-11 coed (At least 4 women on the field at all times with everyone present in the kicking order)
- 7 inning games (or 60 minute time limit - no mercy rule)
- 6 regular season games (50% of teams qualify for the playoffs)
- 18 Person Roster
The official game schedule does not come out until registration is over, but here is a sneak peak at what you can expect:
- Teams play once a week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Games start between 6:00pm and 7:30pm and last up to an hour
- The time and location your team plays will vary each week. We try our best to create a balanced schedule for all teams based on the permits we receive
- Regular Season games will begin Monday, June 10th
- There will be no games Wednesday, July 3rd or Thursday, July 4th