2 West 64th Street, New York, NY
HOW OUR MEETINGS WORK:
The NYC Grassroots Alliance is a coalition of various enviro groups around the city. We use this meetup group and a google listserv ([masked]) to keep each other informed of events and actions of mutual interest, and support each other's events with attendance and promotion to our own private lists.
In order to gain permission to post events you must attend at least one meeting in person and represent a group that hosts events of interest. Non-relevant or commercial events will be deleted at the discretion of the group organizers.
We meet once a month to discuss current events and decide on larger coalition efforts.
PLEASE NOTE: We prefer not like to take time out of the meetings for event announcements. If you have an event coming up that you want help with or want to announce, please CREATE AN EVENT HERE AT THE MEETUP SITE, or bring flyers to pass out at the meeting.
Agenda Items for the January meeting:
1) Create a wish list for the De Blasio administration on energy, climate and environmental issues (Owen is creating a fill-in-the-blanks survey for this). The results will be tallied before the meeting and we'll discuss setting up a delegation from the alliance to meet with Mayoral staff. The wish list may also be used to meet with the new Manhattan Boro President, Public Advocate and Comptroller.
2) Create a wish list for the state legislature, for actions we'd like them to take to convert NYS to renewables (we need specific action items, not general statements, i.e., "increase the Renewable Portfolio Standard to XX%," "Mandate state office buildings purchase 100% renewable energy," etc.) These suggestions will be tallied before the meeting. (Owen is creating a fill-in-the-blanks survey for this also.)
3) Discuss/decide on sending an Alliance rep to the statewide energy summit in Albany on February 3rd (Kristina will post details to the google listserv and create a meetup event). Please nominate yourself if you would like to be that rep.
4) Follow up on radon bill legislative campaign.
5) How to increase the diversity of the group.
Please suggest additional agenda items in the comment section (below) at least one day before the meeting.
Anyone who wants a Meetup tutorial please arrive at 6:30